CFE HBar Rounded Top
CFE HBar Rounded Bottom
Over 60 years in the Fire and Emergency Service Industry
AboutUs-History-Thumb

Our History

Churchville Fire Equipment was founded in 1951 by Gerald Spotts, and incorporated in New York State in 1963.  When Gerald first started, he personally sold fire extinguishers to local towns and fire departments.  This sales effort eventually led to subsequent expansions of the business and new equipment was offered. In 1973 the company became the regional dealer for Pierce Fire Apparatus.  In the late 1970's, Churchville Fire also became the exclusive western NYS dealer of Mine Safety Appliances (MSA) and Globe Fire Suits.

A Timeline of Our History

1951 - Churchville Fire Equipment founded by Gerald Spotts
1963
- Incorporates in New York State
1972
- Churchville becomes the regional dealer for Mine Safety Appliance (MSA)
1973
- Churchville becomes the regional dealer for Pierce Fire Apparatus
1979
- Becomes the regional dealer of Hurst "Jaws of Life"
1995
- Churchville employees create an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) and acquire partial company ownership
2004
- Churchville employees acquire 100% ownership in the company and purchase the company headquarters at 340 Sanford Rd, Churchville, NY
2006 - Churchville wins Pierce Service Dealer of the Year Award
2006 - Churchville acquires state-of-the-art, computer controlled, cylinder hydrotesting equipment
2008 - Churchville opens a new truck service center in Tonawanda, NY
2008 - Churchville becomes regional dealer for RESQTEC (Former partner with Hurst)
2008 - Churchville funds and forms a new independent subsidiary - Turnout Express LLC
2010 - Churchville invests in a new metal shear and other fabrication equipment
2011 - Churchville rolls out a new website